[600MRG] Preamp transistors

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Wed Jan 4 11:38:42 CST 2017

In most of my projects I have used low noise op-amps, often chosen to
roughly noise match the source (R=En/In).  The design money seems to be
on ICs these days, not on discrete low power transistors.  Low noise op
amps often have good data sheets.  For high impedance sources (high-Q
tuned loops) I use jfet input op amps and swamp out the input noise with
the large thermal source resistance.