[600MRG] Power Supply Discussion

Larry Molitor w7iuv at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:22:29 CST 2017

Any "clicks" caused by the rather slow decay of the power supply voltage are lost in the noise created by the junk created by the crappy class D/E amps.
The only reason they are tolerated (so far) is that
#1 The population density on these bands is so low nobody is bothered.
#2 Nobody uses high speed CW. The relatively infrequent transitions occurring in WSPR/JT9 and QRSS transmissions are lost in the overall QRN.
And BTW, all the waveforms generated by any K1JT software is well shaped and causes little or no spectrum disturbances. Any clicks observed are the result of crappy TX and amps.

If you or anyone else was truly worried about clicks and other crap, you wouldn't be messing around with non-linear amps. If these bands ever get populated as much as, for instance 40m, class D/E amp users will be run outa town on a rail (so to speak).
In any case, the worst issue with class D/E is the spurs caused by poor power supply filtering.
Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP      From: Frank Lotito <k3dz at live.com>