[600MRG] Photo of my antenna

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 12:48:57 CST 2017

Hi all:

Just for the fun of showing this.. Sometimes it's interesting to see what the other guy is using .. My antenna is
certainly a off brand of anything named .. hi hi !! - I think I will call it my " cobbled together sorta Inverted - L " ..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49203948/Antenna%20at%20KU4XR.jpg

It is what used to be my 160 meter OCF dipole .. the 160 foot top load was the back leg of the OCF .. I added
the extra 100 foot top load to make the " fan " section top loading .. For reasons I don't know, this configuration
has resulted in 2 S-units less noise, and better weak signal reception .. My 160 meter Transmissions are
better, and reception below 500 KHz is considerably improved .. The top loading is going across my yard..
No radials that really matter in the antenna field - a few short ones at my ground rod next to the window ..

73 all:

Andy - KU4XR