[600MRG] WG2XIQ plans for 2nd Annual Midwinter 630-meter activity night

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:30:10 CST 2017

Good afternoon -

My plan right now is to setup shop on/near  474.5 kHz CW and call CQ,
looking for a QSO or two..  I should begin activity around sunset in North
Texas (around 0000z) and will remain QRV through the evening (calls at
30-second to 1 min intervals).  If you are calling me, please make long
calls as I may be switching directions of receive antennas.

I will check VE frequencies during the evening for cross band Q's with
those guys.

A storm system is forecast to be in the area so that could change plans
completely but at the moment the system's local impact may be minimal.  It
may be noisy, however, so I will evaluate conditions during the evening.

I will probably operate some JT9 during the evening, 474.2 kHz + 1320 Hz
more than likely but I can't say exactly when that might be.

I keep my current status updated, located at the top right corner of my
website, so interested parties can check there for current operational
status:  njdtechnologies.net .

Please email reports to KB5NJD at gmail.com or post them here on the
reflector...  I will include those reports in my write up to be published
sometime on Sunday.

73 and have fun!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..