[600MRG] Dave AA1A

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Thu Dec 28 22:52:12 CST 2017

Dave,

So great to hear a voice from the past. You may remember me as KA1MGR in Kittery, Maine. I operated lowfer beacon XMGR there for a couple of years in the mid-1980’s, before moving back to Tennessee, and on to Alabama.

I wonder sometimes if history will remember the contribution of Lowfers to the amateur exploration of these frequencies. Long before the new bands, the experimental licenses, or other efforts.

You are truly one of the pioneers, and someone that I admired greatly. Glad to hear that you’re still in the game.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-1 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD, Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Ray Dees RDS Decoders,
Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”