[600MRG] [Lowfer] ON4KST chat is now burned.... NEW MF and LF CHAT OPEN

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:07:45 CST 2017

Hi Doc,

I will send you an email off list with some details but I wanted to explain
to the broader group exactly what the purpose of the chat is because there
has been some confusion.

It's really not a discussion hub, per se. Discussions *do* occur and you
may learn something useful but the purpose is to supplement *on air*
activity - making sked, relaying up-to-the-moment propagation info, etc -
all in real time (and I do mean real time, compared to the KST chat).

Because of the platform we are using, if you are not logged in, you will
not see previous activity and posts.  This is a departure from the previous
chat tool which was often used to "bill board" messages for other ops that
may not have been watching at that time, but with this new tool that will
not be possible unless you are not logged in. Its not really a passive tool
like the previous chat was.

Discussions do occur from time to time but chat activity comes in bursts
and sometimes it may be hours between posts or comments, particularly
during the day.

These email reflectors really should be the hub for broad discussions about
getting on the air, etc. and the chat is not attempting to replace that
role.  There are no chat archives so once information disappears from the
chat, its gone.  Keep important and useful stuff that should be archived on
the email reflectors.

*Again, if you have requests, please send them direct to me, not to the
list.*

I will answer them in turn as time allows.

thanks and 73,

John KB5NJD