[600MRG] My Antenna is Freezing

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 09:30:43 CST 2017

I remember reading in Tesla's Colorado Springs notes that Colorado has some kind of soil that is not very conducive to good grounds  .How about pouring hot saltwater at the ground rod site?  Slide a  a funnel down the rod and pour the salt water in it. You might need several gallons to make difference. You may need to go deeper, too.
Critical ground connections actually use a special kind of salt to ensure low resistance. They put salt in a funnel that gets sucked down with the rod while they are pounding it in the ground.
Ice and/or snow on the wires does affect antenna tuning slightly, but cold alone shouldn't.

Good luck with Ice station Zebra!