[600MRG] Radiated power

Michael Mussler mmussler at centurylink.net
Fri Dec 1 14:19:28 CST 2017

It might be worth considering placement of the RF ammeter. If placed along a transmission line, the radiated power is also a function of standing waves on the transmission line. With load (antenna) mismatch and resulting standing waves the magnitude of the RF current (or RF voltage) would be the sum of incident and reflected current. The radiated power from the I squared R equation would only be valid if the standing wave ratio is 1:1, i.e. no reflected power.

Mike, AI8Z
ex WD2XSH/12