[600MRG] WSPR

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Wed Aug 2 08:49:26 CDT 2017

I restarted experimenting with WSPR, mainly to tinker with my new toy, a SotaBeams WSPRlite transmitter.  I noticed the DATABASE tabulation for my spots, and for other participants' spots power is reported as "watts" and some call signs are listed using the once prohibited slant bar "/" symbol, e.g., W1ABC/2 or the call sign contains more than 6 alphameric characters as in WA1ABC/9.

However, on theWSPRnet.org web site power is entered and displayed in dBm, and call signs can not use the "/" symbol and more than 6 alphameric characters, ref: the bottom of this web page  http://wsprnet.org/drupal/downloads

Has some thing changed and the web master not updated the support pages?

73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA