[600MRG] Verticals and radials....

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Mon Apr 24 12:41:41 CDT 2017

Hi Ken,

Twenty radials are a good start but I would encourage you to bump that up to
thirty or so.  When you have that many radials variations in individual
lengths have only a small effect so you can accommodate the radial fan to
the space available, longer or shorter as room allows.   You should try to
have a minimum radial length of roughly 1/8-wave at the lowest operating
frequency.

With that many radials you don't have to worry about "resonant" lengths.  In
part 6 of my QEX series on ground systems I show the experimental
justification for this advice in multi-band verticals. A copy is posted on
my web page: www.antennasbyn6lf.com .  BTW the experimental and modeling
results agree.

On a different subject.  My WSPR reports will continue to be a bit erratic,
I'm playing games with my rx antennas.

GL and 73, Rudy