[600MRG] April 2nd was the 145th anniversary of Samuel Morse's death.....

Neil Klagge w0yse at msn.com
Tue Apr 4 18:16:40 CDT 2017

Those who enjoy CW might be interested in this article from the AMERICAN MINUTE with Bill Federer.

The world of communication was revolutionized by a man who died APRIL 2, 1872. His name was Samuel Morse, inventor of the telegraph and the Morse Code. An outstanding portrait artist in his own right, founding the National Academy of Design, Morse erected the first telegraph lines between Baltimore and the U.S.

Supreme Court chamber in Washington, D.C. The first message over this new communication system, sent in 1844, was only four words, a verse from the Bible, Numbers 23:23: "What hath God Wrought!" Samuel F.B. Morse graduated in 1810 from Yale College, having studied under President Timothy Dwight, who stated in 1798: "Without religion we may possibly retain the freedom of savages, bears, and wolves, but not the freedom of New England." Timothy Dwight continued "If our religion were gone, our state of society would perish...Nothing would be left which would be worth defending." Four years before his death, Samuel F.B. Morse wrote: "The nearer I approach to the end of my pilgrimage, the clearer is the evidence of the divine origin of the Bible, the grandeur and sublimity of God's remedy for fallen man are more appreciated, and the future is illumined with hope and joy."

VY 73
Neil
Vancouver, WA

My ham radio websites: http://w0yse.webs.com/ and http://wg2xsv.webs.com