[600MRG] it is stated in the new rules that the UTC has 30 days to file or respond with an objection.

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Sat Apr 1 18:41:01 CDT 2017

I expect that the FCC has to inform the OMB of the scope of rule changes and what, if any, financial impact would be expected. I cannot think of a reason why they would reject the rule changes. But if they did, it would go back to the FCC for them to provide another solution.

The fact that the R&O includes rule changes to other radio services as well, the odds are that it will pass through.

The Part 97 rule changes may go into the federal register on a different date than the others since the UTC has to provide an e-mail or wed page for us hams to send our "registrations" to.

We just have to wait. But the great news is the FCC said "yes" to two new bands.

-Brian, WA1ZMS
iPhone