[600MRG] Lithium Chloride?

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:24:37 CST 2016

That's what I get for typing from a cell phone.

A prev poster was talking about removing water from a cap after cleaning by
heat, but heat can cause problems.
My suggestion was to use granular lithium chloride as a dessicant. Like the
silica packs, but WAY more effective.
Put the cleaned capacitor with the lithium chloride into a sealed plastic
container like tupperware and wait a day.
Don't put the lithium chloride on anything other than a small glass or
plastic dish or bottle cap. It will go from a white powder to a liquid
quickly as it pulls water out of the air.
This stuff makes silica packs look pathetic in its ability to rip water
vapor out of the air.

When done, you can heat the puddle of lithium chloride solution, drive off
the water, and re-use.

--
K1FZY (WA4TPW) SK  9/29/37-4/13/15