[600MRG] Hamcom presentations are posted and Field day demo event is next weekend

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:55:44 CDT 2016

Good Afternoon...

I intended to write earlier in the week and somehow the week just got away
from me.

The audio and presentation content from Hamcom is now posted here:
*http://njdtechnologies.net/hamcom-2016-mf-and-lf-presentations/*
<http://njdtechnologies.net/hamcom-2016-mf-and-lf-presentations/>

Note that the audio from the presentation of Eric, NO3M / WG2XJM, is going
to be re-recorded shortly because Microsoft hijacked my primary audio
recording machine during his presentation and tried to load Windows 10.  I
crashed the machine and doing so permanently crashed that machine so Eric's
audio was lost.  Fortunately for the other presenters I had three machines
for this event so I had a backup configuration and plan.  Re-recording will
allow Eric to include important content that had to be omitted due to time
constraints so look for his audio in the future.

Next weekend is Field Day and we have had a nice group of stations sign up
for the Field Day MF and LF demo event.  If you would like to participate
and have not let me know, please email me with your station info (check the
link below to determine available frequencies).  If you would like to
participate and are not sure how you might be involved, perhaps due to your
station configuration, lets talk...This really is a "the more, the merrier"
type of event and its good pub for what we do.  I noticed this morning that
the RSGB picked up the story on their site and the ARRL included the event
in their previous news cycle.

Current participants and status updates are posted here:
*http://njdtechnologies.net/field-day-2016-mflfvlf-messagebeacon-demonstration-opportunity/*
<http://njdtechnologies.net/field-day-2016-mflfvlf-messagebeacon-demonstration-opportunity/>
.  You can also see an explanation of what all this is about, why we are
doing it, and how Field Day stations might participate.

If you are participating and have not made contact with at least once club
or group participating in Field Day in your area or region, please consider
doing so.  Outreach and communication with the greater amateur community
really is critical to the success of an event like this.  I spammed the
email boxes of 250 groups this week around W5 and while that extreme
approach is not necessary for anyone in order to participate, the feed back
has been very positive and a lot of groups have committed to listening for
us.  Lets hope for good weather and better band conditions than we had last
year.

73 and good luck in the contest!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..