[600MRG] SAQ in CT

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sun Jul 3 11:15:09 CDT 2016

On 3 Jul 2016 at 11:52, jrusgrove at comcast.net wrote:

> Received both SAQ 17.2 kHz transmissions here this morning ... the second session won out due to
> lower static levels. I'd rate readability as normal to slightly above normal compared to numerous
> previous receptions. A short .mp3, with clips from the tuneup period and message can be found at:
>
> http://www.w1vd.com/SAQ070316.mp3
>
> Setup here (as usual): Modified Amrad E Probe>LNA>Delta 44 A/D> Spectrum Laboratory. The .mp3
> recording is as received ... no post reception processing was used.
>
> Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2
> Burlington CT USA

Nice recording, Jay, and thank you for that.

It is obvious that you are using considerable selectivity, plus I find it very interesting how
badly the SAQ transmitter drifts whenever the key is held down. I had thought that the
Alexanderson Alternator was more stable than that.

The signal quality is very good, though. No chirp or drift at normal keying speeds.

Ken W7EKB