[600MRG] New Motorized Variometer at wa2xrm

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 10:37:34 CST 2016

Congrats Paul - remote tuning will change your life...

My only experience in freezing temps is condensation building up in the
motor and gear housing and locking the gears but a 60-watt incandescent
light bulb in a box inverted over the motor (hole for the shaft to the
vario, of course) seems to solve the problem.  I have AC out at the antenna
so thats easy and in the past have used a heat gun to get things moving
again.

hopefully you have no problems and it just works...

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..