[600MRG] New Variometer at WA2XRM

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Fri Dec 16 15:43:45 CST 2016

My new Variometer is 8 turns of wire on an Tupperware shallow cake pan.

I placed it in the middle of the 12 inch diameter loading coil.

Got the SWR down to 1:1.2.

I  have a new RigExpert AA-600 antenna analyzer that covers 600 meters.

I put the analyzer into the "SWR2air" mode (This is where it transmits the SWR info continuously

 to any frequency you select, I use a helmet receiver, AN/PRR-9, on 51 MHz., to receive it).

I went outside where the antenna coil is located and adjusted the variometer knob.

When you hear long dashes the SWR is high, when the dashes are short the SWR is low.

Easy to tune the variometer to the best spot without the Tx being on the air.

I will probably get a motor on the tuning shaft later.

Paul   wa2xrm