[600MRG] Automatic Antenna Tuning

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:37:54 CST 2016

Paul,

Many of us are using motor-driven variometers and shunt elements to manage
impedance excursions or  QSY up and and down the band.

As far as automatic antenna tuners are concerned, Eric, NO3M / WG2XJM,
built an arduino-based system a few years ago, probably sampling voltage
and current on the line ala the scope match and making decisions about what
direction to move the drive motor for the best match.  I don't know if he
is still using it with his new system but it gave him the flexibility that
you are seeking...

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..