[600MRG] Anyone need a portable AM/CW/SSB receiver that covers 630 meters?

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 18:59:21 CST 2016

I've got a Sony ICF-7600D receiver for sale. I used this receiver for monitoring my beacon transmissions on 630 meters, making groundwave range checks of my station, and for tracking noise problems.  On 472 kHz it uses the large internal ferrite bar antenna which has nice sharp nulls - very useful for triangulating on noise sources!  I suspect I will be sorry I sold this receiver, but I really need to get some of this stuff back into circulation.

This radio is in very nice condition except it is missing its rear battery cover.  The whip antenna is in good condition.  The cloth carrying case is included.

The Sony ICF-7600D is a compact, microprocessor-controlled, dual conversion, frequency synthesized general coverage portable receiver.  A direct access tuning keypad is provided along with a LCD digital readout.  Just press the numbered keys to match the frequency you want to hear.  Manual and automatic scan tuning are also provided.  Ten memories are provided for your favorite stations. The ICF-7600D tunes from 150 to 29995 kHz for coverage of LW, MW, and shortwave.  CW and Single Sideband (SSB) reception *is* included with fine tuning.

A record output jack is included for taping off the air. Other features include:  LED tune indicator,  keypad lock, 12/24 hour digital quartz clock with timer, Local-DX sensitivity switch, 9/10 kHz MW tuning switch, tone switch and external antenna jack.  Only 7.37 x 4.75 x 1.3 inches 22 oz. (185x118x32mm 640g). This radio requires 6 VDC or six AA cells.

The ICF-7600D was also sold as the ICF-2002.

There's lots of good info on the ICF-7600D and ICF-2002 on various websites.

See the photos
http://www.wd8das.net/SonyICF7600D-1.jpg
http://www.wd8das.net/SonyICF7600D-2.jpg
http://www.wd8das.net/SonyICF7600D-3.jpg

$65, plus $20 for shipping within the United States.  Payment via PayPal preferred.