[600MRG] Antenna efficiency question

Neil Klagge w0yse at msn.com
Wed Apr 20 21:03:55 CDT 2016

Good question, Jim. I can only tell you what I believe about  MY  antenna:I am pretty sure that I was getting at least 1% efficiency. It is 40' vertical with three top wires of 25' each. They come down at an angle of 40 degrees to the mast with the bottom ends dropping to about the 25' level. I usually run about 100w TPO and am getting about 1 to 1.2 watts ERP (+/- 1 dB).
Until about 2 weeks ago I had only 7 buried radials of 30 to 50 ft each, all running only N and S on the west side of my small city lot. I recently added 4 more radials under my house (thru the crawl space) and out the other side to the NE, E, ESE, and SSE which had a very noticeably positive result in stations to my east receiving me. I think it might have improved my efficiency since my ground wave signal during the daytime is up by at least 6 dB according to Steve, ve7sl, on Mayne Island, BC.
My Rr by LaPort's methods is about 0.4 ohms, and with EZnec (free demo version) it looks more like 0.32 ohms (I am just a novice at EZnec).
Hope this info is useful to you in some way. Glad you are getting ready for the band opening.
73
*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`   Neil KlaggeVancouver, WA

My Faith website: http://neilsfaith.webs.com/