[600MRG] NEC4 cost

Brian Pease bpease2 at myfairpoint.net
Mon Sep 14 19:34:58 CDT 2015

What I like best about NEC4.2 aside from the slightly better results
close to ground is the new availability of a current source to excite an
antenna.
What I like least about NEC4.x is the difficulty in terminating
(grounding) insulated wires buried in the earth.  It does very well with
ground stakes that penetrate the surface.  I paid my license fee after
having had a bootleg copy of NEC4D for many years.  As a registered
Luddite, I still use direct punch card style data entry.