[600MRG] NEC modeling close to ground

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Sep 14 12:11:14 CDT 2015

Rudy,

Thanks for the link (saved for later reading).  Early advice I was
given by this group to put up an inverted-L was good advice (even
with limited area for ground plane).  The 90-9-1% rule in the article
is kinda distorted, here.  Copper-clad steel wire was free.  I built
my own loading coil for under $100 material.  Surplus NDB 100w PA
cost $40 and driver cost $3K.  Of course it is the Rx as well
(Elecraft K3 and a SDR-IQ).  When I can afford the new synth board
upgrade it will enable use down to 472-KHz (currently limited to
above 490-KHz).

Another rainy day (per usual fall wx in south-central coastal
AK).  We have a saying that "fall rains until it turns to snow!"

73, Ed -KL7UW