[600MRG] WE2XGR Tests

Warren K2ORS k2ors at verizon.net
Sun Sep 13 13:44:34 CDT 2015

Thanks to all who listened for  WE2XGR/1  this morning/early afternoon.
I was running 50W into a 500' on-ground antenna fed with a 4:1 balun.
The antenna was bent in the middle one leg going south, the other
north-west.  I just measured the balun temperature with an IR
thermometer, it was 86F against an environmental temp of 70F so
definitely some loss there.

Will be shutting down shortly and switching to top loaded vertical at
about 3:30 PM EDT.

73 Warren

---