[600MRG] modeling tutorial

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Mon Sep 7 17:45:28 CDT 2015

AL7N is a fellow with lots of 600m experience, he was one of the last WT
operators at Alascom's WKR Nome Radio installation in the 1980s.

http://radiomarine.org/gallery/show?keyword=WKRIRT&panel=pab1_7

Nome Radio/WKR was once part of the US military “Washington-Alaska Military
Cable and Telegraph System” (Affectionately referred to as “WAMCATS”.

How long ago did his antenna system get upgraded?  He has had a very good
to excellent signal on 14050.0 kHz for quite a long time.

What is he running?  If he isn't using a beam pointed this way, I'm really
impressed as I've called him without a schedule on that frequency he
listens there and 3550, 7050 and 14050 like a coast station!  He came up
and had a 589 signal sometimes, mostly 56 to 579 which is a great signal
into Massachusetts from Fairbanks where he now resides.

73
David
N1EA