[600MRG] Nite of 10-7/8 JA coming through

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Thu Oct 8 19:25:10 CDT 2015

Last nite was interesting, and thanks for Johns write up of conditions
etc.

Looked like a east wall was in effect,  I was hearing the the west coast
and a couple other "standard" stations fine,  but there was a lack of
propagation to the east for me.

West and south was another matter,   had decodes from both VK3ELV
and VK5ABN,   and for an all time new one JA1PKG popped through
I had been hoping for a JA decode all season as conditions are
good enough and being an all water path it should be a great opportunity,
I was very happy to see a JA call sign last nite.

The storms to the south and east have moved on up to Alaska and its
fairly clear here for the short term,   more storms brewing to the south
east but QRN should be down now for at least a week or more.

See you all on the waterfall,   73 Merv K9FD/KH6  WH2XCR