[600MRG] NDB Antenna Calculator

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Oct 5 20:17:17 CDT 2015

Rudy,

I assumed when you write ground resistance you mean for the ground, only.

When I originally calculated my ERP in 2012, I used EZNEC to provide
the radiation resistance which was about 0.83 ohms and I measured
ground resistance with my modified MFJ analyzer by tuning the loading
coil until I got R +j0; R read 20-ohms.

Rr/Rg is used in the calculation of EIRP.

So if the variable given in the "NDB calculator" is Rg+Rr that should
be made clear instead of saying "ground resistance".    It seems this
imprecision in specifying variables is what keeps the analysis from
being accurate.

73, Ed