[600MRG] New Amplifier at wa2xrm

Paul Signorelli w0rw1 at msn.com
Mon Nov 30 10:13:30 CST 2015

i have drunk the Kool-aid and i now have an Elecraft K3s.
it puts out 1.5 mW on 480 kHz, with internal CW, RTTY and PSK generation/memories.It requires a few menu selections to get to LF but it works great.Last night's QRSS3 transmission was from the KB5NJD/XIQ Amplifier. See:<http://njdtechnologies.net/630-meter-class-de-amplifier/> .Thanks for building it John.My old Tx was a DX-100, after burning up a few 30 pound HV xfmrs, a ridiculous number of 5U4 rectifiers and 6146's, i decided to give it away. It weighs about 100 pounds and took up 9 square feet of bench space.  You can see my old DX-100 at <http://www.qrz.com/db/wa2xrm/>.My new amplifier is only 1.3 pounds and isabout the same size as a Bird 43 wattmeter. i am running 120W to a the same old 30 foot vertical w/top hat.If you are new to LF and don't know about QRSS you can read about it on the web.(Samples of QRSS3 signals at <http://on7yd.strobbe.eu/QRSS/>).It was used long ago for video integration of radar return signals.i worked at RCA on the JPL Ranger ground TV recorder and it had a video integrationdisplay and a 35mm Film camera.Ranger VII was the first TV Camera to the moon in 1964.QRSS software allows unattended recording of propagation over a long time period.Paul   wa2xrm,  Colorado Springs, CO