[600MRG] QEX Noise Canceller

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Mar 30 11:29:55 CDT 2015

On 30 Mar 2015 at 8:56, Frank Lotito wrote:

> Has anyone tried the noise canceller circuit presented in the Jan / Feb 2012
> issue of QEX? Specifically, for the 600 / 630 meter bands?  The article by Fred
> Brown, W6HPH, is titled "End Man-Made Noise with the Noise Canceller," pages 12
> through 14.  The author alludes to tailoring the design for the frequency band
> of interest.  The QEX article presents a 75 meter design.
>
> 73 Frank K3DZ / WH2XHA

Frank (and others):

There was a truly excellent article in Electric Radio Magazine for February
2014 on noise cancellers by Mike Murphy WU2D.

The final unit he described both reduced his own noise level by +25 dB and
is adaptable, easily, to any band or frequency.

He made the point that for any noise canceller, the only really effective
"noise antenna" is an exact duplicate of your normal receiving antenna.

Mike is quite a character and is very talented. I sometimes wish he was a
member of this forum.

Ken W7EKB