[600MRG] Measuring power

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 13:07:11 CDT 2015

>Any news on aband for USA?

Not that I've heard.  I'm getting the impression that the passive, wait-and-see approach being taken by US amateurs regarding a 630m allocation is not working.

I've contacted my reps and officers at the ARRL several times over the past few years since the international spectrum folks decided there could be a ham band at 475 kHz and was told each time that they are working with the FCC on this issue.  But I got the impression in each case that they were not actively lobbying for it - just asked nicely and waited.

It is also clear to me that this has a low priority with the Commission.  If no one is pushing for it, and no one at the FCC is excited about it, then it will probably never happen.

If even a tenth of the effort and enthusiasm were put into this issue as is being expended on the current "Amateur Radio Parity Act" then we'd have an amateur allocation in short order.

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.