[600MRG] G8 Storm

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 17 14:12:10 CDT 2015

One additional comment that I completely left out related to the state of the band last night here:

XJM and I had a CW Q around 0130.  As stated earlier, the band was extremely quiet and there was some QSB here but due to quiet condx, it really wasnt a problem.  At 0300z, XJM was calling CQ on DominoEX5 so I responded and we did some tests dropping power each time.  We finally hit a point where XJM's power was sufficiently low that the RX fading to the point of loss of sync was cycling between me and XQC, a path of about 40 miles...  That was kinda cool to observe.  Not really related to the solar storm but more information on the state of the band prior to the SID.

73!

XIQ