[600MRG] Last nights RX antenna tests

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Mon Mar 2 09:03:40 CST 2015

Band conditions were rather poor last night and activity seemed low so I
am not going to process the data logged on WSPRnet.

For those who have an interest, you can search the WSPRnet database for
the two stations and compare the two reports. there is some interesting
things to be seen especially at sunset.

The test started at 0100Z (approx) and ran until 1500Z (approx) date 2MAR15.

WH2XGP ran the Flag RX antenna and W7IUV ran the W1VD style
eprobe/active antenna.

Astute observers can see the Flags directivity by comparing the S/N
differences at different Azimuth headings.

The Flag seems to have more pronounced directivity than the BOG did. If
fact, most of the stations decoded last night were off the side of the
pattern. If possible, I will run the same setup tonight with the Flag
turned from 90 degrees to about 125 degrees and see what happens.

For those interested, I have a short paper describing my version of a
Flag posted on my web page. The late Earl Cunningham, K6SE, had an
article in QST about 15 years ago describing the Flag and several other
"ground independent" RX antennas for 160, most of which work on MF as well.

73,

Larry - W7IUV - WH2XGP
central WA - DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com