[600MRG] Thanks to all the stations that are beaconing for Field Day 2015!

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:35:07 CDT 2015

Just a quick note to say thanks to all the stations that have agreed to
send a Field Day message / beacon for Field Day weekend.  With direct
contacts to active Field Day groups and news aggregators that have reposted
the ARRL's story a multitude of times around the world, I can't imagine
many not knowing that something is going on below the AM BC band this
weekend.  For that matter, with another predicted CME impact and K of 6
expected, it may only be the MF/LF crew (in GW mode) and VHF guys reaping
the benefits...

If you are going to be operating from a Field Day site please make the
suggestion to listen on MF and LF to your local group or if you have clubs
in your area or perhaps know operators that might be interested, please
encourage them to listen and report.  It only take a minute.  The current
operator list is at
http://njdtechnologies.net/mf-and-lf-demonstration-opportunity-for-arrl-field-day-2015-the-field-day-greetings/
and if anyone wants to join us, we can still add you to you the list.

If anyone would be interested in running a digital mode, perhaps JT9 with a
very short custom message, that would be a very good thing.  For some time
many of us have been preaching about the benefits of JT9 over JT65 and this
would be a good chance for someone to demonstrate that to many ops that are
used to running JT65.

73, good luck in the contest, and have a safe and happy field day!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..

PS:  My plan is to be QRV starting Saturday morning around 1300z +/- an
hour...