[600MRG] WH2XHY is now on the air

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 19:38:17 CDT 2015

In the past twenty-four hours, WH2XHY was heard by

    K9AN, NO3M, SWLK9EN61, W1TAG/1, W3CSW, WA3TTS/2, WG2XIQ, WG2XJM, WG2XKA, WH2XRR

 Beacon seems to be working OK.  It is the Ultimate3S from Hans Summers with a temperature-controlled oscillator/synthesizer plus GPS time and frequency control.  The basic kit would probably have been fine but I wanted to add the fancy features for possible other uses later.  On 630m it drives my amp through a pad to achieve the same antenna current as I had with my TS-990S as the exciter:  1 amp RF into the antenna.

 Steve  WD8DAS / WH2XHY

 sbjohnston at aol.com
 http://www.wd8das.net/
 Radio is your best entertainment value.