[600MRG] Modifying a MFJ259C

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Jun 2 02:36:13 CDT 2015

The webpage I had was hacked a year ago and I have not rebuilt the
page but here is the schematic showing detail of the mod:
http://www.kl7uw.com/MFJVFO.jpg

As in Johns well described version of the mod:
http://njdtechnologies.net/modifying-an-mfj-259b-antenna-analyzer-to-operate-on-630-meters/
you cut the trace on L1 and run two fine wires to a mini-toggle
switch and place the coil across the contacts of the switch as well
as the two wires.  The switch merely shorts the coil to restore the
meter in the lowest freq band to original freq range.  I arrived at
11 turns on two cores stacked by trial.  The frequency meter in the
analyzer will indicate the operating frequency.  Mine tunes 450-950
KHz.  The cores are FT 37-77 which are 3/8-inch toroids.  The MFJ259
may be different than the MFJ269B that I have.  L1 in my analyzer is
66uH.  I have no idea what is the inductance of the stacked cores I used.

73, Ed - KL7UW
Used MFJ analyzers can be picked up on ebay.