[600MRG] Advice needed

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Fri Jan 30 09:31:26 CST 2015

What you're making is what could be called a chemical ground. More complex chemicals are used every day in commercial RF sites that are located on rocky soil and mountain top sites.  They do require routine testing and do have to be replaced much more often than classic copper plated rods in loam soil.

So no problem doing what you are thinking of if no grass or plants around the yard are to be protected.  But you may have to plan to test and/or replace the rod every few years. Really comes down to how much salt are you planning to burry.

-Brian, WA1ZMS
iPhone