[600MRG] ERP, EIRP, How & Why

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Jan 28 11:18:01 CST 2015

Pat,

Sounds right to me.  I determined R+jX from a model in
EZNec.   R=0.83 and measured R with my modified MFJ analyzer as
18-ohms.  Po=100w resulted in TPR= 4.61w  EZNec indicated gain of
1.48 (1.7 dBi) giving EIRP=1.48*4.61 =  6.8w.  ERP = EIRP/1.64 = 4.15w.

Only variance with Rudy's calculation is he adds 3-dB gain for dipole
over perfect ground.

My antenna is base loaded inverted-L: 43x122 feet.

73, Ed - KL7UW