[600MRG] EIRP

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Tue Jan 27 12:55:30 CST 2015

An additional reference from FCC:
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/comments/GetPublishedDocument.html?id=204&tn=255011

WRC-2012 and most countries are defining 630M power limits in terms of
EIRP, and most likely, also the FCC when they get around to it. However,
many experimenters in the US refer to their power in terms of ERP.
Therefore, what is claimed as 5W ERP is 8.2W EIRP.

ERP = EIRP / 1.64
EIRP = ERP * 1.64

(per definition, ideal dipole [free-space?] has 2.15 dBi gain over
isotropic radiator, or 1.64 numerical gain).

So, if you are running 5W ERP, cut it back to 3W ERP to get 5W EIRP.

This all begs the question..... does anyone really know what power
they're running other than what's coming out of the final amplifier
stage?!?  I'm sure most of pretty darn close though.

73 Eric NO3M / WG2XJM