[600MRG] EIRP and FCC?

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Jan 25 20:51:36 CST 2015

My plans are to build a 100w transmitter which at
4.15% antenna efficiency is close to 5w EIRP.  If
you built a transverter with 20w that would be
adequate for 1w EIRP and easily drive a linear
amplifier to 100w.  That is my long-range plan
converting from 10.470 to 470-KHz and using a K3
as IF in TEST mode with 1mw output on 10.472-10.478 MHz.

My current station uses the K3 directly at
495-510 KHz driving a 100w beacon transmitter.

Antenna still down.  Now under 10-inches of snow and +3F temps.

73, Ed - KL7UW