[600MRG] wa2xrm QRSS3 Report, 14 Jan. 15

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 08:45:36 CST 2015

On Wed, 1/14/15, Paul Signorelli <w0rw1 at msn.com> wrote:

i did hear a strong signal on 475.5 that
 sending 110 second long dashes.Audible by ear but i didn't
 have time to wait around for the ID.It could have been an
 electronic fish tank. Paul  wa2xrmColorado

Thanks for the signal Paul.. most likely you were hearing WG2XIQ running WSPR
on 475.620 KHz.. His signal is very strong .. I was seeing his 120 Hz artifact all
thru the night on ARGO... see one of the captures here :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49203948/ARGO-0011.bmp

On many occassions, I get dual decodes from " XIQ " on the higher 120 Hz artifact
since it falls in the WSPR passband at 475.740 KHz...

BTW, your QRSS signal passed me with many miles left in it... hi - hi

73, and have a good day :

Andy - KU4XR