[600MRG] Please consider getting active on 630m in 2015!

Patrick Brown pbrown5 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 15:48:15 CST 2015

January 3, 2015

JOHN DLANGRIDGE

827MIDDLE RUN CT

DUNCANVILLE,TX 75137

kb5njd at arrl.net

John:

My name is Pat KL3DB in Homer Alaska. I amblind but have adaptive devices to assist me. I also have hearing challengesand find it difficult to listen on headphones with static and varying levels ofsounds.

I am fascinated with these frequencies and activitieson 630 meters and the below 9 kHz crowd. But I admit I am lost in all thedetails.

I am asking if you would be patient, to helpme get on some of this digital activity and especially these frequencies. Herein Alaska I have about 3 acres of land to utilize so I can run long wires justneed to be high enough to not clip moose antlers, which get pretty high upthere!

My wife Shanley KL5AJK is real active oncontesting and contacting. Together we do ham training classes. Our club recentlyrestarted after 20 years SPARC, (South Peninsula Amateur Radio Club).

I have a background in radio broadcasting includingbeing on the air in Chicago. I am not as technical as you when it comes toradio although I am CSO for a satellite project, another story another time.

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate on the web.I will review the site suggested in your bio on QRZ.

I would need to understand what we are tryingto accomplish on 630m and need to consider equipment and antenna. We arelocated SW of Anchorage and since I am retired I have time and energy availableand would love to help out the team from Alaska. One goal this year is digital on ham and learning Morse code again.

Respectfully,

Patrick Brown KL3DB Extra Class

40996 Woodman Lane

Homer Alaska 99603