[600MRG] [Elecraft] Upgraded K3 synthesizer module now available: The KSYN3A

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Feb 13 09:08:44 CST 2015

 From ye ole junk man: "KL7FZ" I paid a whopping $40 for it.

Only mod was to remove the dual xtal osc and
capacitively couple the K3 to the bandpass
filter.  0.1mw drives the NDB to 100w.  NDB run
linear so any mode can be run.  The
dual  oscillators were run 400-Hz split in
frequency with one a carrier and other CW
producing MCW, which like AM requires linear amps.

The NDB has a built-in antenna tuner which I
bypassed and I added a relay for TR so I could
receive with the same antenna.  PTT comes from my
K3 for the TR relay.  My 600m webpage is still
corrupted with a virus so still in quarantine at
the server.  I had details of my 600m setup on there.

I have no idea if he has more of them (and he
probably doesn't know either).  I was there at the right time.

73, Ed - KL7UW