[600MRG] WSQ - A Weak Signal QSO mode for LF/MF [-25dB snr]

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 13:55:30 CST 2015

I used the mode shortly after it came available, on 160 meters, and with quite pleasing results..
The WSQ2 version that Wolf made available did decode a little better.. His version allows
the running of both versions at the same time ( dual decoders ) , and in the same GUI which
is very useful for comparison... The sending speed is noticably slow... BUT... if you are a
" hunt, and peck " typer like me, That's great !!... It's been a while since I have used it, and
I haven't had a TX antenna up for some months now, but when I was on, I had No Problem
with fairly soild contacts from 700 to 1000 miles out from my QTH on 160 meters, and
most of the time only ran 10 watts to the OCF Dipole at the time..

WSQ is worth trying...

Andy - KU4XR