[600MRG] ground

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Sat Feb 7 10:57:38 CST 2015

Ed,

It is a desert. Central WA really is a desert. If it were not for the
Columbia River irrigation project there would be no agriculture other
than dry land wheat in this area. We average 7 inches yearly
precipitation just like I had down in central AZ.

But, we do have the irrigation and lots of water. During the summer I
run sprinklers on the antenna patch. If I didn't keep grass growing
there, the wind erosion would have all of my buried radials running
across the top of exposed rocks in a year or less.

Virtually all moisture percolates down or evaporates in about a week
during the summer unless I irrigate. When I irrigate I can run
sprinklers for 48 hours and put down the equivalent of 2 inches of rain
under the vertical. No change in feed point impedance. Ever.

73, Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP