[600MRG] Braided Ground Straps

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Thu Feb 5 15:17:43 CST 2015

A few days ago I asked about making a durable electrical connection from a ground wire to a ground stake.  Many thanks to all that replied with excellent information and "how I did it hints."  On a related topic - Tinned or untinned  braided (woven) copper (ground) strap, be it the shield salvaged from older coax cable, or the $$$ tinned woven flat profile strap found at specialty suppliers of wire and cable.  I have three questions (1) What are recommendations for using tinned braid in an outside application vs solid or coarse stranded copper wire (2) Should the braid develop an oxide coating, how do you clean the oxide so you can salvage the braid for another application (3) How do you connect braid to a ground rod?
Thank you - Frank Lotito K3DZ / WH2XHA