[600MRG] Ground Rods - Connection To -

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon Feb 2 18:12:28 CST 2015

Correct Laurence,  its a constant battle here with corrosion,  ordinary
wire
connections are a pain even,  lead solder turns to white power in a couple
months,  wires corrode, I had one aluminum commercial vertical that
corroded in two in about 6 months,   had to change to a different type of
aluminum,
All solder joints are now made with no lead plumbers solder,  it seems
to hold
up just fine, I have left some exposed now for several years and its in
great
shape so far.
Anything critical is done with brazing or cad weld.
Shoot my refrigerator rusts out every few years,  will have to spend the
bucks
for a stainless one next time.
Im on the trade wind side and not far from the ocean so no hope for me here.
73 Merv WH2XCR    K9FD/KH6