[600MRG] Failure To Upload WSPR Decodes

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Mon Dec 14 17:17:40 CST 2015

For the past week or so there have been numerous postings on the 600mrg bulletin board regarding failure to upload WSPR decodes to WSPRnet.org.  I also have experienced this problem, both on 630 meters and 160 meters. I have tried dumping ALL_WSPR.TXT (first I saved as {new file name}.txt) then dumped the file.  Nadda, still no uploads.

I may have missed it in the postings, but has anyone representing the 600mrg group (probably one of the key people who negotiated with "whomever on high" to facilitate issue of the initial batch of 600 meter grants) try contacting the WSPRnet web master / owner, and the "daddy of WSPR," K1JT asking what the problem may be?  This person may be our defacto representative, but since he would be a high-profile person on the LF front, its better than each one of us in our (possibly hysterical) way contacting the WSPR management and K1JT, HI.

I assume other groups not related to our 2200 / 630 / 600 meter interests and other digital mode chat lines carry similar entries regarding problems uploading to WSPRnet.org?

Reading the last weeks' posting on the "failure to upload" makes me believe that the problem does not lie with one particular computer system O/S, anti-virus / firewall, browser or version of the WSPR software.   When I look at my ALL_WSPR.TXT file its size is less than 100 Kilobytes.  Certainly not as voluminous as a MS DOC file would be.  In my ignorance, the problem seems to lie with the WSPR net system.

Hoping for a resolution and / or alternate means to upload WSPR decodes,

73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA