[600MRG] Daytime WSPR on 630 Meters

Andy - KU4XR ku4xr at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 11:06:57 CST 2015

With the help of my son-in-law on Wed. I found several noise issues that were sloppy,
cut-corners cable installations underneath my mobile home.. Also explains my intermittent
TV drop outs, and slow, or not working internet.. Found old splicers - laying on the wet ground,
not grounded, ---old waterlogged cable from umpteen years ago.. etc... after a few hours of
crawling under the trailer in the mud ( Thank you Son-in-Law ) ; we got rid of spliced cables,
shortened others, and now have only one splice box That Is Now Grouned !! A terriffic
difference in all area.. better TV, faster internet, and - Much Lower Noise from the TV setup..

I have a late work day; so , I am going to leave the station receiveing on 630 meter WSPR
while I am gone.. Getting good reception of XZO ( groundwave ) , and XJM.. a couple of
XIQ decodes at the limit, and see-able traces too weak to decode..
As the nighttime propagation sets in later, I'll start reporting the bogus, and multiple
decodes as the signals just get " Too Strong " ... As Garry - K3SIW, mentioned in another
post; the extra sensitivity of certain versions of WSPR, coupled with station reception
sensitivity; creates issues ; In_And_Of_Itself ...

73 all, and have a good day:

Andy - KU4XR