[600MRG] A dilemma....

Brian, WA1ZMS wa1zms at att.net
Mon Aug 31 17:00:21 CDT 2015

If memory serves....there was an article in QEX many years back that addressed this topic.  The take away is: that along the length of a trap dipole you need to factor in the effect of the impedance changing. It has to. Voltages and currents are different at each location. Thus it becomes a more complex problem than just a simple LC tank that is resonant at freq(a). The trap will take the place
of several degrees of phase shift "away" from the lower freqs that you want to keep traveling down the rest of the wire. The solution requires almost simultaneous equations to be solved if you get more than say 3 bands involved.

I know I'm not giving this the best explanation it deserves. And guys like N6LF can "leave me in the dust" when it comes to antennas so take what I say with caution.

If I or anybody else finds the article please post it. It's one I should have scanned into pdf at the time I read it.

-Brian, WA1ZMS & XSH/31 in Va
iPhone