[600MRG] conditions on 08/15/15

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Sat Aug 15 12:38:38 CDT 2015

Thanks John for the write up on last nites conditions.

Made my day to finally copy VK3ELV,   now for Japan.

Early at my sunset the QRN level was quite high,  due to a
local storm.  Peaking 20/9.   Later when I came in the
shack to check,  QRN had gone down to S6-7,   and my
hopes increased,   I also noticed I had bumped the dial
and was receiving on the wrong freq,  so excuse the bad
reports early on.

The band improved and it turned out to be quite an interesting
nite.   VK3ELV was decoded first at 11:24Z and several times
more with the last at 15:22Z about 30 mins before my sunrise.

This morning as I started my usual routine I notice that 20 meters
here is dead,  I only find one or two signals on the entire CW
portion of the band,  and they are weak,  most likely related
to the good 600m conditions.
Jim will have some comments on what may be going on.

Good to see the same "flame throwers" blasting through to
KH6,   good dx to all and looking forward to a couple more weeks
of surprises.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6   WH2XCR