[600MRG] [Lowfer] NDB and NAVTEX Station Details

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Apr 8 15:18:48 CDT 2015

I went on Southern Avionics website to get info when I acquired my
NDB a few years ago.  I saw 25, 50 and 100w models listed.  Mine is
rated at 50w but runs 100w easily with no trouble.  The heat sink is
very large and I supplement cooling with a 48v fan run by the 55v B+
supply.  I also searched records of many AK NDB's and found some that
were higher power.  Most nights I can copy them out beyond 1000 miles.

73, Ed - KL7UW